中譯:尤克強 William Ernest Henley
我不會倒下 Invictus
夜色沉沉將我籠罩 Out of the night that covers me,
漆黑猶如地底暗道 Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
我要感謝上蒼知曉 I thank whatever gods may be
我的心靈永遠不倒 For my unconquerable soul.
環境多麼凶險飄搖 In the fell clutch of circumstance
我也不會退縮哭嚎 I have not winced nor cried aloud.
挑戰有時膽寒心焦 Under the bludgeonings of chance
血流滿面我不折腰 My head is bloody, but unbowed.
在悲憤與淚水之外 Beyond this place of wrath and tears
恐怖陰霾逐漸逼來 Looms but the horror of the shade,
歲月無情威脅迫害 And yet the menace of the years
但我再也無所懼駭 Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
無論通路多麼險窄 It matters not how strait the gate,
儘管考驗無法躲開 How charged with punishments the scroll,
我是我命運的主宰 I am the master of my fate;
我是我心靈的統帥 I am the captain of my soul.
---
閒中無閒 可委鳥獸
人中有幽 市井更寂
山雲無心 任自來去
一骨所埋 豈限青山
白雲出岫往何方?
向西或向東?
---